Well well well. Its 2018, and the seemingly endless month of January is over. Here’s a run down of the readings, shows, and workshops that I’m up to in the coming months. Very exciting things afoot at the beautiful London Roundhouse, IN SWEDEN at Göteborgs poetry slam, at the ever-glorious Bang Said The Gun, and with musical megababes Nuala Honan and Honeyfeet in Bristol. However it looks like I’ve currently got NO SHOWS in April, so if you are a poetry event organiser and you need a poet in April, I’m yer gal!
PS Also working on a new show, its called ‘Like The Water’ and I think its gonna be really good. Look out for more info and dates for that soon. x
- Sunday 28th Jan – Young Blah poetry workshop for 19 – 25 year olds @ Bristol Improv Theatre, St Paul’s Road, Clifton, BRISTOL. 4pm.
- Sunday 28th Jan – Young Blah poetry showcase @ The Room Above, The White Bear, St Michael’s Hill, BRISTOL. 7pm.
- Sunday 25th Feb – I’m doing a quick poem at: Poetry Slam @ Musikens Hus, Djurgårdsgatan 13, Gothenburg, SWEDEN.
- Wednesday 28th Feb – Folkteatern, Olof Palmes Plats, 413 04 Gothenburg, SWEDEN.
I’m SO excited to be performing at this. Looking for any other opportunities to read while I’m in Sweden, or in Hamburg where I’m stopping off o the way there and back. Please give me a shout if you have any ideas!!
- Saturday 10th March – Creative Facilitation Training for Poets @ The Roundhouse, Chalk Farm, LONDON
I’m running a session developing skills to support people with a learning disability to engage with and create poetry. There is a whole program of different sessions running throughout the weekend. Open to anyone who is interested in, or currently a practitioner of, any kind of poetry in education.
- Monday 26th March – BANG! Said The Gun @ The Soho Theatre, LONDON. Alongside hero of our time Jonny Fluffy Punk! 7.30pm
- Saturday 5th May – Fundraiser for Misfits Theatre Company @ The Trinity Centre, BRISTOL.
I’m hosting this glorious evening of music and fun, featuring my actualy favourite singer / songwriter (Nuala Honan), and my actual favourite live band (Honeyfeet), and my actual favourite DJ (DJ Dad). And all the proceed go to my favourite theatre company led by people with learning disabilities (Misfits Theatre Company). Its a perfect storm! Its going to be the best night of all our lives! Get more info and BUY YOUR TICKET here: https://www.3ca.org.uk/whats-on/2017/honeyfeet-misfits-fundraiser
If you would like to discuss booking me for a reading, show or workshop, please do get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org